Diary of Goddess: Life Lessons Learned

I started this blog in HS, when I was this materialistic, but saying I wasn't materialistic first to start a blog and thought my life was so fab since all I did was school, shop, & friends. Fast forward 4 years later, I became this college student that realized that college life wasn't like the movies and MY struggle began...Some 10 years from HS and here I am, living my dream of going to law school, bringing a whole new meaning to MY struggle…

Friday, January 12, 2007

No. 322 Oh Jenny, I haven't seen you around the block.

The first blog of the new year, and what am I doing?

I didn't even think about resolutions this year because they're stupid and don't apply to me, just like religion. I don't go for that shit, unless you mean religious towards myself-that I am. So, here I am, listening to old school J. Lo because I can't even handle her "Rebirth" album and pondering why can't I enjoy living a more floral life? Maybe it's time I indulged, I saw this article in Glamour about how if you buy a expensive handbag it won't kill you and you should indulge...does that apply to me though? I look at my cousin whose very indulgent and somewhat strapped for cash, so am I, besides the fact that i'm never overdrawn and some can argue that i'm in a top 25% bracket, I don't know, spending an indulgement amount on a bag seems too indulgent-am I even spelling this right-and i'm a college grad-there's no spell check on this thing? Anyways, I look at Jenny from the block whose wind down on her glamoursity, but honestly, sometimes I think i'm really over the top and no I don't need the sunglasses in two colors-black and brown, but sometimes I feel like I deserve this shit and should be indulging in whatever I want because I have issues? Does that make sense? Ugh I don't even know anymore...