Diary of Goddess: Life Lessons Learned

I started this blog in HS, when I was this materialistic, but saying I wasn't materialistic first to start a blog and thought my life was so fab since all I did was school, shop, & friends. Fast forward 4 years later, I became this college student that realized that college life wasn't like the movies and MY struggle began...Some 10 years from HS and here I am, living my dream of going to law school, bringing a whole new meaning to MY struggle…

Monday, December 25, 2006

No. 319 Sometimes I ask myself again...

Sometimes I ask myself why I blog and sometimes I don't. It's like therapy for me, besides the fact that I don't pay someone 200 bucks to listen to me ramble on and judge me. Instead, complete strangers judge me and walk away from their computer. Anyways, so my point is, sometimes I ask myself a la SJP what am I doing and what are some people thinking about. Use to, SJP's mindless ramble on SATC about how guys are like or aren't like handbags and whatever stupid and idiotic and I Just never paid attention, I focused on the hot clothes, the ridculous clothes and the hot boys and the ones that break up with you on a post it. But so I ask myself as someone was asking me "do you really need that" referring to the item I was pondering. Jesus fucking christ whill Buddha just come over here and bring me to the temple, because honestly, I don't think that person has the right to ask me that considering he buys $15,000USD watches and an obscenely priced item that moves you from place to place, not to mention his own area filled with stuff that when someone asks "do you really need that" the chances are no, because you don't have to drink a 50 dollar bottle of wine when guests come or eat filet mignon, god, sometimes I ask myself how can you say that stuff, especially in a family that is extravagant, because, no, I don't have to shop at the gap, I can buy my clothes for 5.99 at Wal-Mart and no, I don't need at least 3 weeks of underwear, I could do with a week, or even 4 days if I was cheap, or you know what, I don't need underwear-do you need underwear, no, I don't need a watch because I can ask people the time, and no, we don't need our native language, or cable, or caller id, or a computer, or a fast internet because we can go to the library, god, sometimes I ask myself why do you say those things and why do people need to ask themselves "do they really need this" because i'm sure anyone will have to say no, unless well you get my point. Honestly our world is excessive and that's that, because no I don't need a ponytail to put up my hair, I can use a rubberband or you know what, nothing at all because why do I need to have my hair up-to keep it out of my eyes-sure I can just hold it away from my eyes, honestly, I swear, that phrase is so stupid and meaningless, and no sir, you should not be asking me if I really need that especially when you're standing in like at least five digits worth of consumer goods, it don't work that way buddy.