Diary of Goddess: Life Lessons Learned

I started this blog in HS, when I was this materialistic, but saying I wasn't materialistic first to start a blog and thought my life was so fab since all I did was school, shop, & friends. Fast forward 4 years later, I became this college student that realized that college life wasn't like the movies and MY struggle began...Some 10 years from HS and here I am, living my dream of going to law school, bringing a whole new meaning to MY struggle…

Friday, December 29, 2006

No. 320 I ask you...

I ask you why people think that they have money that it entitles them to something and I ask them what makes a country so great, when a trial is purely for show?

I work in this environment, in which on top customer has the highest lump sum of a certain something, which they feel entitles them to certain privilges and for things to get done faster. I ask you this, I have 20 dollars, I am willing to pay that 20 for my coffee at Starbucks immediately-will I get it no, you have to wait in line, are you a celebrity, you still have to wait, just not as long, but you still have to wait if it's busy. No one can make a coffee that fast, you still have to wait for the milk to create foam etc. I have processes I must go through before I give you the completed piece of work, and yes, sometimes you do get to jump the line since it's a "rush" but there is still a line and you still have to wait. Nothing is instant. Do you believe that people with money get their power on first? No, it doesn't work that way, in America, money does not talk, you can't do anything you want because you have money. Can I drive 80 miles an hour on a 25 zone-yes I can, until I get caught, and if I have money, sure I can post bail etc, but I still have a record, can I buy off that record-hell to the no as Whitney Houston says. No, in America, money doesn't make you the better person, especially since that money isn't yours, and is just a holding place for other people's money. You probably lead a difficult life and you deserve it. You deserve everything you get, and for the record, in America, money is not the end all or the be all.

Second, Saddam Hussein is dead, an execution by hanging on Saturday-Iraqi time. You know I ask myself, he deserved to die, probably a violent death if such, strike the probable, we know that he tortured many man ypeople etc etc etc, and we're making as in USA is making a statement about him. my question is yes, it was civil to have a trial though it was pureply for show and probably going to be in the history books, but what is the best way to punish someone so evil? Make them live a miserable life in jail-why bother, our tax dollars aren't going to pay for that and no, he shouldn't get a tv in his cell. Do we execute him-sure that's the just and right way as seen by many, but isn't it a cop out, I mean the ultimate punishment would be to torture him inhumanely until he dies right? That's the ultimate punishment as he had done onto others? But we can't right, the US is a humane and just country and we abide by certain policies and laws, so maybe Saddam got the cop out, he got the easy way out, because i'm sure if the oppositiion got a hold of him other then the USA and tortured him to death-then that would feel just right, just in the sense that he felt the pain of only one person he killed upon many thousands? Sometimes life makes no sense-sometimes the cop out is mentally more draining upon the do gooder then the wrecker of havoc...