Diary of Goddess: Life Lessons Learned

I started this blog in HS, when I was this materialistic, but saying I wasn't materialistic first to start a blog and thought my life was so fab since all I did was school, shop, & friends. Fast forward 4 years later, I became this college student that realized that college life wasn't like the movies and MY struggle began...Some 10 years from HS and here I am, living my dream of going to law school, bringing a whole new meaning to MY struggle…

Friday, October 06, 2006

No. 316 I know i'm right damn it!

Ok, this may sound stupid and completely irrelevant, but it makes so much fucking sense to me. So, today, I had an issue, the one person that can sign something for me did not want to. I needed her approval. Fine, don't sign it, I didn't care less, in fact, whatever, it's not a big deal, but like I found myself trying to convince her, adamantly, for some vip client, and I realized, wahtever, I talk to her she still won't budge, why am I doing this. She knew it too, she knew that I was right, but she didn't want to take the .0000001 risk even though she's employeed at will. Meaning they can fire you for a reason or no reason at all. Yea, if they want to fire you, they say you took a pen home-which is against company policy or that you're not up to dress code or that you use your cell phone in the office which is tacky or that you don't lock your computer when you are away from your desk or that you leave a messy desk or that you leave client stuff out when away from your desk, even to make a photo copy or that your signature varies and is indelible or that you have typos in emails etc, there is so much shit they can fire you for. Come on man. Ok, back to the story, That's fine, she won't sign it, but the fact was like, "look lady, if you don't sign it, what do you want me to do with it, because there has to be a response, I can't just like shove it under the carpet and pray no one will know..." Because she just always says, "I won't sign it" and it's like, that doesn't make my job easier lady? Come on, man, but yes, it gets to me, because after this, she failed to sign even if I fight for it-why do I fight for it-human nature. The customer of course gives her flack, yea thank god the customer knew better not to yell at me, it was out of my authority, I couldn't do anything for her, but she feels bad, so instead of doing her job and not signing, which takes her even less time, she dwells, she attempts to fix it-it's futile, you didn't sign, there's nothing you can do, you have to wait for the other people to fix it, but she's like, oh can we this and can we that, and I realize why she does overtime all the time, because she spent a good 2-3 hours on this issue when she either should have just signed-easy way out, but could potentially backfire, though it hasn't the last 100 times the other lady did it and moved on or either not sign and just wait for another response. No though, that's why she does overtime and no she doesn't get paid extra for that either. Whatever, honestly, I don't freaking care anymore. Also, I think of the customer, the english isn't impeccable, she doesn't know what she's talking, and we're holding the thing she wants and the customer has a deadline, i'd be pissed too, especially since the customer knows she's vip and always has been with us etc. Whatever, though, it just rolls off my back because it just means I can do less.

But I did realize this though, I realize that I can't do a job where you try to hustle people, like you have to bow down to them and attempt to do whatever they fucking want, kow-tow to them if you will. No, I fucking won't, I'll be nice to you if you are nice to me, and if you fuck with me, you don't get any special treatment, I don't care. You scratch my back and I scratch yours. Also that's probably why I realize my next job where i'll be stating facts/opinions for someone, but having a third party make the decision, I think that will be the best. I mean, I don't want to try to hock something when I know that I am right, and they know they are wrong, you're not suppose to do it, but you should, because it's a nice thing to do. Like, you know you don't have to give people the right away, as in if someone wants in your lane, you know what, you don't have to give them space to get in, in fact, you can flip them off, lay on your horn, and tell them "fuck you" while you pass them. Sure, they say left yields to right, but what if you're in the right lane and a car from the left comes in. You can totally do that, and that's what she does, but in that kow-tow nice way telling the customer it's all legality, when in fact that the company has done it all the time, because why do they come to us, because we see what's going on and you know what, we trust the customer, so we do these little things just to make their lives easier. But for me, that only extends to nice people, because if you're mean to me, you don't get special services, honestly, I don't care how much you're worth etc, it doesn't even register to me. I tell her that, as in oh this client it's ok to hold, he's mean anyways. And she's like, "WOW, YOU'RE MEAN, that's not nice" in the laughing way, and I was like, look buddy, he can wait all the damn time he wants, but this other customer, I know she's legit and it makes me kind of sad that she won't get her items because she's good for it. But yes, I realized that my future job or future jobs a head, I cannot be bowing down to my client, it's not going to work. I also have that mentality probably because I don't need them, I really don't, and i'm damn lucky that way, they need me more then I need them, and if they want me to kow-tow, they better find someone else. I find it sick what some people do, and I realize, you'll get no were you know, you are still beneath them, no matter how much you accomodate them, you aren't one of them. No matter how successful you feel, no matter how great you think you look, you aren't one of them, you will never be on the same level as them. As elitist as it sounds, some people are born on a certain level, while others can aspire all they want, but it won't happen. You'll still be beneath them. Whatever, but I also realize when i'm right and state my case, even if they object, i'm not even going to fight it anymore, it's futile and stupid, it's like I guess the nice thing to do on behalf of the customer, but I realize, it gets me no were and when people make up their mind they just already have. There's nothing you can do, that's also another reason why you should all choose your customers. That is important too, but I realize some people are truly stupid, maybe they didn't graduate from college, etc, but I realize that it's kind of sad, since what, you're at least 30-40ish and I just now realize that your common sense isn't there...it's kind of sad and definitely makes me motivated to go back and get more schooling etc...Instead, the replace common sense with "i don't want to get fired" while that is a stupid way of thinking, why, because I know that if you were late to your job, you'd be fired, if you this or if you that you could be fired. It's really stupid when some people get fired and most times you cannot sue because the company always wins, it's sad to say, but cash is king and I believe most companies have more cash then their regular employee. That's probably why I like my job and i'm not scared of being fired, why, because it's at will, and if they want to fire me, then go ahead because i'm a great worker and if they can't see it, then someone else can, and also, getting fired is teh easiest. Honestly, I mean, you could misspell or have a messy desk that that'd be the end of you. Whatever I tell you. Also, as a corporation knows, its hard to hire, they don't want to fire unless they have to. Also, if you get fired you get fired, it was probably a long time coming, honestly, and you can't fight it unless they say something discriminating against you, which will be hard to prove anyways since it's verbal and probably not on paper, no matter how many eye witnesses you have, unless it's like a class action case, in which you may have some credibility. Sign...whatever, honestly, i'm not fighting, when they say pick your battles, I now know what it means and i'm all about efficiency.